"At Spring Lake Ranch, you can see others grow, grow with them, and learn to care for others in a way never imagined. The organization prioritizes employee and resident satisfaction, and will assist any employee in reaching their goals. My experience was nothing short of life-changing and constantly educational."
Spring Lake Ranch thrives when its community is full of dedicated, diverse, and passionate team-players committed to its mission of empowering individuals to heal and grow. We believe that recovery occurs in the context of relationships lived with compassion, acceptance, respect, authenticity, mutuality, and shared work and play.
We are looking for people that share our values of hope, empowerment, connection to the natural environment, and community to join our team. Pay and benefits at Spring Lake Ranch are competitive and many intangible rewards of working here include homemade meals (often sourced right from our gardens and pastures), access to the pristine Spring Lake and hiking trails right outside your door, a whole host of friendly farm animals, and a community of collegial and supportive coworkers, all nestled in 700 acres of the beautiful Green Mountains.
Full-time employees are eligible to enroll in Spring Lake Ranch’s group health plan. The Ranch will cover up to 90% of the premium costs depending on the level of enrollment.
Dental coverage is offered the Northeast Delta Dental at no cost to eligible employees. The dental-care services offered under this plan include no-cost preventative care.
Employees are eligible to contribute to the retirement plan right away. After six months of employment, Spring Lake Ranch contributes 2% of an employee’s salary and matches up to 3% of an employee’s contributions. Employees are fully vested after 3 years.
Health Savings Account
Spring Lake Ranch offers a Health Savings Account (HSA) for eligible employees who enroll in the High Deductible Health Plan.
Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) coverage equal to one times an eligible employees annual salary up to $50,000 is provided at no cost.
The Ranch provides short term disability (STD) and long-term disability (LTD) benefits to eligible employees at no cost.
Paid Time Off
Vacation and Paid Time Off (PTO) starts at 15 days per year and goes up depending on position and tenure.
Employees are entitled to 12 weeks of partially paid leave for the birth or adoption of a child; Spring Lake Ranch pays at 60% of their current salary for six weeks; insurance pays at 60% of their current salary for the second six weeks.
Flexible Schedule Options
Spring Lake Ranch is committed to helping employees face the demands of juggling work, family, and personal obligations by offering a number of flexible work arrangements such as flextime, a compressed workweek, and remote work options.
An employee favorite! All staff are welcome to partake in our delicious, nutritious home-cooked meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Current Employment Opportunities
Full-time, salaried/exempt, on call responsibilities
Spring Lake Ranch has a unique opportunity for the person that is both skilled in carpentry and woodworking and has a desire to work with residents in mental health and/or substance abuse recovery.
The Shop Manager leads and participates in the Shop Department of the therapeutic work program providing year-round, meaningful work for people with mental illness and substance abuse challenges.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Supervise and build relationships with crew leaders and residents to accomplish Shop and Work Program goals, involving them in all aspects of carpentry and repair.
- Serve as a Shop tool trainer for staff and residents.
- Monitor and enforce Shop safety guidelines and make recommendations for changes to the Program Director.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement building and repair projects around the Ranch (furnishings, tools, buildings, machinery, vehicles, etc.).
- Assists other areas of the Work Program in special and season projects (e.g. cider pressing, ice-cutting, etc.). Must be able to become a “lead boiler” and cover the sugar house some evenings and weekends during sugaring.
- Maintains regular communication and collaborates with Program Director and other Work Program area leaders regarding Ranch and Work Program needs and to prioritize projects.
- Works with Program Director to create and monitor Shop-related budget.
- Find ways to contribute to the sense of community at Spring Lake Ranch.
- Knowledge and experience with carpentry and woodworking.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Ability and patience to teach others Shop skills.
- Willingness/commitment to participate in and foster the therapeutic community milieu.
- Experience in organizing groups of people to accomplish specific and separate tasks.
- Ability to give constructive feedback.
- Strong creative problem solving, leadership, and supervisory skills.
- Effective, collaborative, interpersonal, organizational and conflict resolution skills.
- Flexibility, patience, reliability, sense of humor in the face of changing circumstances.
- Ability to complete physical work consisting of moderate (20 lbs.) lifting, carrying, etc. This position consists of a combination of sitting, bending, standing, kneeling, and walking. Work is both indoor and outdoor during all seasons.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
POSITION TITLE: Social Worker
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Full-time; exempt position
REPORTS TO: Clinical Program Manager
Salary Range: $50,000 – $55,000
The Social Worker works independently and as part of the residential treatment team to provide Cuttingsville Program residents and Elliot House residents with clinical input, oversight and case management services to support wellness, recovery, and independent living. Responsibilities include encouragement/training in areas of basic living and home management skills, social and employment skills, supportive counseling, coordination of services, and treatment planning. Social Workers utilize and integrate mental health and substance abuse treatment philosophy to maximize each resident’s progress and promote community integration and healthy lifestyles. Social Workers will coordinate the care of residents with other members of the treatment team, involved family members, and external providers.
RESIDENT CARE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide clinical oversight (biopsychosocial assessment, treatment planning, individual and group therapy, discharge planning) and adhere to all governing policies and procedures and timeframes relating to associated documentation.
- Is a member of the crisis response team during evenings and weekends, and is part of the related on-call rotation. Provides interventions, crisis/risk screenings and coordinates with RRMC Crisis to assess criteria for in-patient psychiatric admission when necessary.
- Meets with families for initial family visits and functions as primary liaison for all resident family contact.
- Meets with individual residents for therapy weekly, more often if required and appropriate.
- Support and mentor residents in the development of daily living skills to include: planning for leisure time, building money management, health, nutrition, exercise, safety, work habits, and social skills. Assist resident in the development of work, school, or volunteer positions in accordance with Action Plans.
- Assist residents in developing and implementing Action Plans as part of a team which includes individual residents, clinicians, family members, other Spring Lake Ranch staff members, and representatives from community organizations. This includes creating and maintaining organized records of meetings and outcomes.
- Provide other SLR staff with guidance and resources on how to best serve residents.
- Collaborate with med room and consulting Psychiatrist regarding any medication issues that arise when working with a resident.
- Facilitate psycho-educational group(s) and lead therapeutic or recreational programs as requested.
- Provide transportation for residents when necessary.
- Attend staff, doctor, and other meetings.
- Assist in provision of case management coverage for Independent Apartment Living clients when IAL case manager is absent.
- Communicate and meet regularly with the Clinical Program Manager to ensure efficient, professional, and effective delivery of case management services to Spring Lake Ranch residents.
- Collaborate and communicate with other case managers, other members of the treatment team, and other Spring Lake Ranch staff in a proactive and respectful manner.
- Coordinate responsibilities and coverage with other case managers, the treatment team, and other SLR staff when absent from work.
- Complete required documentation and keep resident files up to date for residents on caseload.
- Routinely complete assessment of progress (DLA-20) in service of quality assurance.
- Complete incident reports within 24 hours for resident injuries, thefts, property damage, physical or sexual assault, major physical plant issues, elopements/AMA discharges, self-injury/suicide attempt, relapse, death, fire, and abuse/neglect/exploitation reports.
- Complete special projects as requested.
- Master’s degree in social work.
- Licensed or pursuing licensure preferred.
- 1-3 years’ experience in mental health and/or substance abuse recovery required.
- Knowledge and experience of Windows OS and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Driver’s License and good driving record.
- Ability to complete some physical work consisting of moderate lifting and carrying of up to 20 lbs, using stairs, entering client homes and apartments. This position consists of a combination of sitting, standing and walking.
- Ability to use independent judgment, analytical, and decision-making skills.
- Effective organization skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and remain flexible in a dynamic community setting.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate with co-workers and other community providers.
- Ability to model resiliency.
- Ability to accept constructive feedback and on-going commitment to personal growth and improvement.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Classification: Full time; temporary; hourly/non-exempt position
Reports to: Assistant Program Manager
Hourly Rate: $13.58. Many benefits included.
Program Coordinators serve as mentors to help residents of Spring Lake Ranch in their recovery of esteem, direction, and well-being. Program Coordinators participate in the Spring Lake Ranch community, working and playing alongside residents on crew, in housing, and in recreational activities. Program Coordinators help residents through daily frustrations, and model a healthy, stable lifestyle.
Program Coordinators are encouraged to live, at no additional cost, in a room in a resident house here at Spring Lake Ranch. 3 meals a day and all utilities are included.
On crew, PCs can expect to:
- Work on Farm: Caring for the farm animals, moving fencing, making things out of animal fibers, haying in the summer
- Work on Gardens: Working in the garden, cooking and baking in the People’s Kitchen making food for the community, sewing, repairing, and creating in the sewing room
- Work on Woods: Chopping wood, pressing apple cider, doing wood hauls, helping with ranch landscaping, clearing trails, maple sugaring
- Work on Shop: Building furniture, doing space renovations, some mechanics.
Program Coordinators also plan and participate in a variety of fun recreational activities and trips. During scheduled shifts on weekends and in evenings they are responsible for:
- Running fun activities throughout the day
- Doing dishes with residents after meals
- Driving residents to work, appointments, and elsewhere as needed
- Participating in writing weekend notes
- Med room duties as assigned
In housing they are responsible for:
- Running at least one house program for the residents living in their area each month
- Running weekly house meetings
- Doing weekly room checks for each resident in their area
- Being on call some evenings
Program Coordinators are always expected to:
- Work with Spring Lake Ranch residents, be there for them
- Provide necessary information to clinicians
- Engage in the community whenever possible
- Fully covered healthcare provided by the Ranch
- Paid time off
- Free housing and all meals
- Use of all our facilities and equipment, including but not limited to: our pottery and art studios, gym, miles of curated trails, lake, canoes and paddle boards, cross-country skis and snowshoes, ice skates, musical instruments, etc.
Education: Degree related to mental health
- 6 months in a therapeutic environment
- Demonstrated ability to create and run programming
Qualities we like:
- Excitement to handle any situation that comes their way.
- Experience working outdoors and in the mental health field.
- Any experience farming, working off the land, crafting, cooking, or doing carpentry.
- The ability to teach something – from music to tai chi.
Applicants who do not meet the requirements but feel they would be a perfect fit for the community are strongly encouraged to apply.
Scheduling may include:
- Crew 3-4 days a week
- 1-2 weekend shifts per week
- 1 evening per week
- Click here to fill out our employment application, and send this with a cover letter indicating your interest and resume to Casey at email@example.com, or
- Mail the above materials to 1169 Spring Lake Road, Cuttingsville, VT 05738 or fax to (802) 492-3331.
Click here to fill out our employment application, and send this with a cover letter indicating your interest and resume to Casey at firstname.lastname@example.org, or
Mail the above materials to 1169 Spring Lake Road, Cuttingsville, VT 05738 or fax to (802) 492-3331.
Spring Lake Ranch provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, place of birth, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, health coverage status, genetic information, military or veteran status, crime victim status, HIV status, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, or any other characteristic protected by federal and state law. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
COVID-19 Procedure Updates
Spring Lake Ranch has made the decision to require all staff and residents to be vaccinated against covid-19 for the safety of the community. When necessary, we wear masks and socially distance.
These general guidelines are subject to change based on current guidelines. Human Resources will provide the most updated COVID procedures before a prospective employee visits.